Tuesday 5 October
- The Blue Pill
- Semaphore worksheet
- Discussion of Linux Kernel video
Thursday 7 October
Tuesday 12 October
Thursday 14 October
- quiz 3 (ch6-7) Unlimited handwritten notes or 3 pages typed.
- Peterson’s Solution not on test.
- Regarding the section on Synchronization Examples, if I didn’t mention it in class it will not be on the test (Solaris, Windows XP, Linux are not on the test).
- Atomic transactions are not on test (this will be covered later).
- The only deadlock detection algorithm on the test is the Banker’s Algorithm.
- The quiz focuses on textbook material I covered in class. There may be a few questions on material I did not cover, but the bulk of the questions are on lectured material.
- Banker’s Algorithm Worksheet. – if time
Tuesday 19 October
- Team Presentation: Chapter 8 main memory – Team 2
- INITIAL FINAL EXAM POSTED (submit any answers by 26 October for 10% bonus XP)
- optional home practice: Install virtualization software (for example, Sun’s Virtual Box) on your laptop. Install an operating system (no Microsoft OS) as a virtual machine. 5 min. class demo.
(possible OSs: see http://virtualboximages.com/)
Thursday 21 October
- Memory cont’d